To all the women and men continuing the fight for feminism in 2017, get inspired by the words of the trailblazing women who’ve said it best. From Hillary Clinton to Maya Angelou, Gloria Steinem and all the unapologetic, courageous women in-between, these are the uplifting quotes to live by.
1. “To all the little girls who are watching, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.” —Hillary Clinton in her 2016 concession speech.
2. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” —Maya Angelou.
3. “Women are always saying,’We can do anything that men can do’ but men should be saying,’We can do anything that women can do.'” —Gloria Steinem.
4. “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.”—Sheryl Sandberg.
5. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” —Ayn Rand.
6. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” —Michelle Obama.
7. “A woman is like a tea bag—you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” —Eleanor Roosevelt.
8. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” —Madeleine Albright.
9. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” —Margaret Thatcher.
10. “Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” —Nancy Pelosi
11. “When there are no ceilings, the sky’s the limit. So let’s keep going — let’s keep going until every one of the 161 million women and girls across America has the opportunity she deserves to have.” —Hillary Clinton
12. “Feminism is for everybody” ―bell hook